On 8th September, DPA held its Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Reunion Dinner at the Singapore Pools Building. This was a rather exciting AGM as DPA ushered in new board members, including a new President. With its new board, DPA aims to continue its work in making Singapore more inclusive for people with different disabilities. The new board members are:
Mr Richard Kuppusamy – President
Ms Yee May Kuen Peggy Sarah – Vice-President
Mrs Tang Siew Ngoh – Hon. Secretary
Mr Michael Chin Yun Foong – Hon. Treasurer
Ms Sherena Loh – Asst. Hon. Treasurer Ms Tan Keng Ying – Committee Member
Ms Lily Goh – Committee Member
Mr Darren Ho – Committee Member
Dr Dawn-Joy Leong – Committee Member
Ms Judy Anne Wee – Committee Member
Following the AGM, DPA commenced its Reunion Dinner which saw activities and games reminiscent of The Good Old Days! Keeping up with the theme, members played a modified, giant version of Five Stones, and wrote their dreams and wishes on paper planes, launching them into the night. Members of DPA were also treated to a delicious food. The dinner also hosted a live teh tarik, kopi, and kacang puteh station, which brought back fond memories for all of us.
The photo booths were also a huge hit with our members. Having decorated the DPA scrapbook with polaroid photos and stickers, members took the time to get to know each other, building long term bonds. The book will be displayed at the DPA offices for all our visitors to enjoy.
DPA’s Inclusion Ambassadors were also featured during the Reunion Dinner and we shared more about the Inclusion Ambassador Programme which aimed to promote inclusivity in Singapore. The Inclusion Ambassador Programme is a paid opportunity, and if you, or anyone you know would like to be an Inclusion Ambassador, get in touch with us by emailing: email@example.com .
During dinner, members were also treated to DPA’s new performance group “BroSis”! Comprising some of our talented members [Aisah, Esmond, and Eugene], BroSis entertained the crowd throughout the evening. We also had an impromptu performance of the Irish Flute by Mr James Chan. In light of such inspiring talent, DPA will soon be launching our Performers’ Club. So if you, or someone you know, has talent that needs a stage, let us know! You can get in touch with us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org .
DPA also took this opportunity to thank exceptional people for sharing their time and efforts with DPA – Ms Jan Evans, Ms Pooja Kapoor, Ms Anandi Subramaniam, Ms Jyoti Dhaul, Ms Halipa Ahmad, and Ms Anubhooti Asthana. The volunteers were presented with a customised DPA calendar.
DPA Members who referred their friends, and family to join DPA also received a $100 gift voucher as a token of our appreciation – Ms Margaret See, and Mr Willie Yeo.DPA would once again like to take the opportunity to thank the following supporters, partners, and sponsors without whom the night would not have been possible:
- Singapore Pools, for the venue,
- Volunteers, for assisting with the smooth running of the Dinner : Rose Wu, Joyce Lim, Ronald Yap, Michelle Teo, Onn Shi Ee, Muhammad Haikel Bin Mohammad Nizar, Clara Anne Chow and Kevin Fee
- Board Members, for dedicating their time and efforts to DPA,
- DPA Donors, and Supporters, for believing in our mission, and supporting our work,
- Inclusion Ambassadors, for being the voice of DPA,
- Casuarina Curry (http://www.casuarinacurry.com/), for the provision of the live teh tarik, and kopi stations,
- Balloon Blasters (http://www.balloonblasters.com.sg/), for the photobooth, Flavours ‘N’Spices Catering (http://www.flavours.com.sg), for the yummy food,
- DPA Staff, for the organisation of the get together,
- All attendees, for gracing us with their presence.
Thank you all once again, and we look forward to seeing you all again next year!
For more photos of the event, please visit our facebook page.